issa
Eight Killed in Delhi Blast Near Red Fort, PM Modi Vows Justice

Eight Killed in Delhi Blast Near Red Fort, PM Modi Vows Justice

Nov 11, 2025 - 12:55
 0

At least eight people were killed and around 20 others injured when a car exploded near the historic Red Fort in the Indian capital, New Delhi, on Monday evening.


Police said the explosion occurred at 6:52 p.m. local time when a vehicle stopped at a red light before bursting into flames. Investigators are still trying to determine the cause, but officials have opened cases under India’s anti-terror laws as they “explore all possibilities.”

Emergency teams rushed to the scene, where several vehicles were left charred and debris scattered across the road. Forensic experts and counter-terrorism officers have since cordoned off the area as they comb through wreckage for evidence. The Red Fort, a UNESCO World Heritage site that attracts thousands of visitors daily, has been closed for three days to allow investigations.

Prime Minister Narendra Modi, currently on a visit to Bhutan, condemned the attack and vowed that those responsible “will not be spared.” He said he had been in constant contact with India’s security agencies and promised a full investigation. Home Minister Amit Shah chaired back-to-back security meetings in Delhi, joined by senior intelligence and police officials, to assess the situation.

Defence Minister Rajnath Singh also expressed grief over the tragedy, saying the nation stood united against acts of violence. Security has been tightened across Delhi and other major cities, including Mumbai and Kolkata, amid fears of further attacks.

At the Lok Nayak Hospital, relatives of the victims gathered in shock and sorrow. Among those killed was Ashok Kumar, a 26-year-old bus conductor returning home from work. Another victim, Lokesh Agrawal, had been visiting a relative at a nearby hospital. “He called just before the explosion,” said his brother, struggling to hold back tears.

Eight Killed in Delhi Blast Near Red Fort, PM Modi Vows Justice

Nov 11, 2025 - 12:55
 0
Eight Killed in Delhi Blast Near Red Fort, PM Modi Vows Justice

At least eight people were killed and around 20 others injured when a car exploded near the historic Red Fort in the Indian capital, New Delhi, on Monday evening.


Police said the explosion occurred at 6:52 p.m. local time when a vehicle stopped at a red light before bursting into flames. Investigators are still trying to determine the cause, but officials have opened cases under India’s anti-terror laws as they “explore all possibilities.”

Emergency teams rushed to the scene, where several vehicles were left charred and debris scattered across the road. Forensic experts and counter-terrorism officers have since cordoned off the area as they comb through wreckage for evidence. The Red Fort, a UNESCO World Heritage site that attracts thousands of visitors daily, has been closed for three days to allow investigations.

Prime Minister Narendra Modi, currently on a visit to Bhutan, condemned the attack and vowed that those responsible “will not be spared.” He said he had been in constant contact with India’s security agencies and promised a full investigation. Home Minister Amit Shah chaired back-to-back security meetings in Delhi, joined by senior intelligence and police officials, to assess the situation.

Defence Minister Rajnath Singh also expressed grief over the tragedy, saying the nation stood united against acts of violence. Security has been tightened across Delhi and other major cities, including Mumbai and Kolkata, amid fears of further attacks.

At the Lok Nayak Hospital, relatives of the victims gathered in shock and sorrow. Among those killed was Ashok Kumar, a 26-year-old bus conductor returning home from work. Another victim, Lokesh Agrawal, had been visiting a relative at a nearby hospital. “He called just before the explosion,” said his brother, struggling to hold back tears.