issa
Iran issues stark warning to Trump 'the gambler': We will end this war

Iran issues stark warning to Trump 'the gambler': We will end this war

Jun 23, 2025 - 10:33
 0

Iranian media are reporting on a statement from the Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps describing its latest attack on Israel.


“This wave was carried out with combined missile and drone operations using solid and liquid fuel missiles and utilising special tactics to penetrate the layers of the Israeli air defence shield,” Tasnim reported, citing the IRGC.

“So far, rocket strikes have been recorded at five locations in the cities of Safad, Tel Aviv, Ashkelon, Ashdod, and Beisan,” it added.

In a brief message posted on X, Iranian human rights advocate Narges Mohammadi has reiterated her opposition to the attack on her homeland by Israel and the United States.

“What I am certain of is that war never brings democracy, human rights, or freedom,” Mohammadi said.

In an interview with the Norwegian newspaper Klassekampen, the 2023 Nobel Peace Prize winner directed most of her critique at Israel and the US, saying that Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu “is leading us to hell while promising freedom”.

Mohammadi added that she “does not believe the US bombs can liberate the Iranian people”.

A leading rights campaigner for women, Mohammadi has also been a critic of the Iranian government, which has imprisoned her multiple times.

We have more from Tariq Rauf, the former head of the IAEA’s Verification and Security Policy Coordination Office.

He issued a stark warning over the consequences of Netanyahu’s push for regime change in Iran.

“For a long time, Netanyahu has wanted to see a change of regime in Iran. He does not trust them,” Rauf told Al Jazeera. But “if the current regime is toppled, we don’t know what the result will be”.

“We’ve seen what happened in Iraq. We’ve seen what happened in Libya,” he added. “So nobody can guarantee from the outside, if an established regime is displaced, who will take over and what the situation will be, or if there will be a civil war.”

We know from Israeli reporting that there are at least four impact sites, including the one in Ashdod that we’ve been reporting on. There is also one south of West Jerusalem.

We don’t know the nature of these sites. There are heavy restrictions on sharing information or videos from those impact areas, with punishment of imprisonment for those who defy the military censorship orders.

So it’s difficult to ascertain what has been hit and the extent of the damage. But what we’re hearing from people in Israel and the occupied West Bank is there have been nonstop sirens for 35 minutes and loud explosions.

Since Israel’s attack on Iran began on June 13, Iran has reportedly sent about 450 ballistic missile into the country.

Iran’s Parliament is considering a bill that would suspend the country’s cooperation with the UN’s nuclear watchdog, state media have reported, citing a member of the legislature’s praesidium, Ruhollah Motefakerzadeh.

Iranian media also reported that Parliament Speaker Mohammad Baqer Qalibaf said legislators are seeking to suspend cooperation with the IAEA “until we have objective guarantees of the professional behaviour of this international organisation”.

Qalibaf added that Tehran was not looking to develop nuclear weapons.

“The world clearly saw that the Atomic Energy Agency has not fulfilled any of its obligations and has become a political tool,” he added.

Several days ago, Iran’s Foreign Ministry spokesperson accused IAEA chief Rafael Grossi and his organisation of being complicit in the ongoing conflict, saying that its “biased” reporting on Iran’s nuclear activities was used as a “pretext” for Israel to attack.

A spokesman for the Iranian military’s Khatam al-Anbiya unit has warned “powerful operations with heavy consequences” await the United States following its bombardment of three major nuclear sites.

Iranian news agencies quoted the unnamed spokesman accusing the US of carrying out a “criminal” act on behalf of Israel, which he said “blatantly violates” the sovereignty of Iran.

“This hostile act was carried out with the aim of reviving the dying Zionist regime,” the spokesman said, referring to Israel.

The US attack, he added, only broadens the scope of “legitimate and diverse targets” of Iran.

Khatam al-Anbiya is a special unit of the military’s armed forces under the direct command of Iran’s General Staff, operating separately from the Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps.

Israeli media report possible hits in Israel’s Ashdod, Lachish

We have more on the ongoing missile attack on Israel.

The Times of Israel is reporting that medics are responding to a report of a ballistic missile impact in the Ashdod area in southern Israel, while Ynet News says there have been reports of damage in the Lachish area, south of the city of Jerusalem.

This comes as Reuters reported hearing more thuds in the Jerusalem area.

We’ll bring you more when we have it.

Iran’s short-term enrichment ability ‘severely damaged’

Tariq Rauf, a former International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) official, says Iran’s short-term nuclear enrichment capacity appears to have been “severely damaged if not destroyed” in US strikes.

However, this leaves about 9,000kg (19,800 pounds) of enriched uranium – at levels between 2 and 60 percent – unaccounted for, including 2,000kg (4,400) enriched to 60 percent that may have been moved from the Fordow facility weeks ago.

“At some point, the IAEA will need to go in and again make material balance to ensure that all the material is there,” Rauf told Al Jazeera.

MBARUSHIMANA Elia MBARUSHIMANA Elia joined journalism as a volunteer in 2018. Currently an Entertainment Journalist & News Reporter. I worked for NEWSWITHIN, MAXIMED TV, and Ukwelitimes.com as well as imirasiretv.com & bigezwehotv.com | Contact Me: +250781087999 or mbarushimanaelia50@gmail.com

Iran issues stark warning to Trump 'the gambler': We will end this war

Jun 23, 2025 - 10:33
Jun 23, 2025 - 14:27
 0
Iran issues stark warning to Trump 'the gambler': We will end this war

Iranian media are reporting on a statement from the Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps describing its latest attack on Israel.


“This wave was carried out with combined missile and drone operations using solid and liquid fuel missiles and utilising special tactics to penetrate the layers of the Israeli air defence shield,” Tasnim reported, citing the IRGC.

“So far, rocket strikes have been recorded at five locations in the cities of Safad, Tel Aviv, Ashkelon, Ashdod, and Beisan,” it added.

In a brief message posted on X, Iranian human rights advocate Narges Mohammadi has reiterated her opposition to the attack on her homeland by Israel and the United States.

“What I am certain of is that war never brings democracy, human rights, or freedom,” Mohammadi said.

In an interview with the Norwegian newspaper Klassekampen, the 2023 Nobel Peace Prize winner directed most of her critique at Israel and the US, saying that Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu “is leading us to hell while promising freedom”.

Mohammadi added that she “does not believe the US bombs can liberate the Iranian people”.

A leading rights campaigner for women, Mohammadi has also been a critic of the Iranian government, which has imprisoned her multiple times.

We have more from Tariq Rauf, the former head of the IAEA’s Verification and Security Policy Coordination Office.

He issued a stark warning over the consequences of Netanyahu’s push for regime change in Iran.

“For a long time, Netanyahu has wanted to see a change of regime in Iran. He does not trust them,” Rauf told Al Jazeera. But “if the current regime is toppled, we don’t know what the result will be”.

“We’ve seen what happened in Iraq. We’ve seen what happened in Libya,” he added. “So nobody can guarantee from the outside, if an established regime is displaced, who will take over and what the situation will be, or if there will be a civil war.”

We know from Israeli reporting that there are at least four impact sites, including the one in Ashdod that we’ve been reporting on. There is also one south of West Jerusalem.

We don’t know the nature of these sites. There are heavy restrictions on sharing information or videos from those impact areas, with punishment of imprisonment for those who defy the military censorship orders.

So it’s difficult to ascertain what has been hit and the extent of the damage. But what we’re hearing from people in Israel and the occupied West Bank is there have been nonstop sirens for 35 minutes and loud explosions.

Since Israel’s attack on Iran began on June 13, Iran has reportedly sent about 450 ballistic missile into the country.

Iran’s Parliament is considering a bill that would suspend the country’s cooperation with the UN’s nuclear watchdog, state media have reported, citing a member of the legislature’s praesidium, Ruhollah Motefakerzadeh.

Iranian media also reported that Parliament Speaker Mohammad Baqer Qalibaf said legislators are seeking to suspend cooperation with the IAEA “until we have objective guarantees of the professional behaviour of this international organisation”.

Qalibaf added that Tehran was not looking to develop nuclear weapons.

“The world clearly saw that the Atomic Energy Agency has not fulfilled any of its obligations and has become a political tool,” he added.

Several days ago, Iran’s Foreign Ministry spokesperson accused IAEA chief Rafael Grossi and his organisation of being complicit in the ongoing conflict, saying that its “biased” reporting on Iran’s nuclear activities was used as a “pretext” for Israel to attack.

A spokesman for the Iranian military’s Khatam al-Anbiya unit has warned “powerful operations with heavy consequences” await the United States following its bombardment of three major nuclear sites.

Iranian news agencies quoted the unnamed spokesman accusing the US of carrying out a “criminal” act on behalf of Israel, which he said “blatantly violates” the sovereignty of Iran.

“This hostile act was carried out with the aim of reviving the dying Zionist regime,” the spokesman said, referring to Israel.

The US attack, he added, only broadens the scope of “legitimate and diverse targets” of Iran.

Khatam al-Anbiya is a special unit of the military’s armed forces under the direct command of Iran’s General Staff, operating separately from the Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps.

Israeli media report possible hits in Israel’s Ashdod, Lachish

We have more on the ongoing missile attack on Israel.

The Times of Israel is reporting that medics are responding to a report of a ballistic missile impact in the Ashdod area in southern Israel, while Ynet News says there have been reports of damage in the Lachish area, south of the city of Jerusalem.

This comes as Reuters reported hearing more thuds in the Jerusalem area.

We’ll bring you more when we have it.

Iran’s short-term enrichment ability ‘severely damaged’

Tariq Rauf, a former International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) official, says Iran’s short-term nuclear enrichment capacity appears to have been “severely damaged if not destroyed” in US strikes.

However, this leaves about 9,000kg (19,800 pounds) of enriched uranium – at levels between 2 and 60 percent – unaccounted for, including 2,000kg (4,400) enriched to 60 percent that may have been moved from the Fordow facility weeks ago.

“At some point, the IAEA will need to go in and again make material balance to ensure that all the material is there,” Rauf told Al Jazeera.